What to pack for your ecotour
Your travel wardrobe should be informal, comfortable and carefree. Clothing which can be layered is the most suitable, for example, a T-shirt, sweater or sweatshirt, and windbreaker or jacket. The emphasis on all our ecotours is on casual attire.
- Hiking boots (waterproof or water-resistant) as they provide good traction for walks on sometimes-slippery terrain.
- Comfortable "closed" walking shoes with rubber soles and good support. Tennis shoes would be a good choice.
- TEVA's or waterproof sandals (Galapagos only - for beach landings, can substitute for walking shoes above).
- T-shirts, polo shirts, and/or other comfortable short-sleeved shirts.
- Gloves (Rwanda only - for protection against nettles and stinging plants on the gorilla treks).
- A bathing suit or two - if you plan to swim while on ecotour.
- Long-sleeved shirts for protection from the sun and/or stinging plants.
- Cotton or other lightweight long pants.
- Windbreaker or light sweater.
- Rain jacket and waterproof trousers.
- Waterproof sunblock (30 SPF minimum).
- Waterproof insect repellent.
- A small backpack or rucksack.
- Waterproof bags to protect your camera and binoculars.
- Camera, lenses and plenty of memory cards.
- Extra camera batteries and adaptors if you need to recharge.
- Prescription medicines. If certain medicines are part of your daily health regimen and are vital to your health, make sure you bring an adequate supply for the duration of your ecotour.
- Travel Alarm Clock.